FREDERICKSBURG (Gillespie County):
– Starting at Fredericksburg drive to Doss, then spend some time on the county roads around Doss. Finally, travel along Hwy 783, to Hwy 87, & Mason TX.
– Hwy 87 from Fredericksburg to Mason. More colors are usually visible as you get closer to the Mason County Line.
– Hwy 16N from Fredericksburg towards Llano. Visit Enchanted Rock, Willow City Loop, & then continue heading north to Llano, and San Saba.
– Wild Seed Farms on Hwy 290 East offers plentiful planted flowers, as well as shopping, food & drinks.
– LBJ Park on Hwy 290 near Stonewall Tx.
MASON (Mason County):
“Mason Loop” – From Mason take RR 386, turn right on FM 2618, turn right on RR 1900, to Hwy 29 intersection. Choose right to return to Mason or left to Llano.
OTHER GREAT BLUEBONNET AREAS:
Muleshoe Bend Park
Tow, Bluffton, & around Buchannon Lake area … The dry lake bed areas have been great spots in past years.
Hwy 281 Marble Falls to Burnet
Inks Lake area, Park Road 4
Hwy 29 from Burnet to Llano
HWY 71 near Llano & County Roads around Llano
– PEACH ORCHARD BLOOMS –
Just a friendly reminder…
• Pastures, fields, & land are private property. DO NOT cross fences for photos without permission from property owners.
• “POSTED” = private property = stay out
• Respect property owners rights.
• Posted signs do not have to be present.
• Fences may not be present, but land is most likely privately owned
• Safety first
• Please do not crush the wildflowers to get photos
• Always watch out for snakes
Purchase fine art prints for your home or office.
All photos are property of © Hill Country Images.
Reproductions prohibited. Please do not reproduce (digital or print) without prior written permission from the artist. Thank you for understanding artist’s rights!
Categories: Bluebonnets / Blooms